Monday, March 11, 2013

John Burgess talks with our class

I enjoyed the entire seminar with Burgess on Thursday.

His short film was humorous and kept my interest all throughout.

The way the plot unfolded showed Burgess's directing talents.

The reoccurring themes in the film added humor in a creative and subtle way.

This also showed the thought that went into the film.

After the showing of his short film Burgess came in and talked about his full length feature.

The thing that interested me was when Burgess said he felt like the seminar could have been a turning point in his life where he was no longer the student but the teacher or a model figure.

This struck deep for me because I was present during his realization that he is on the upside of his career as a movie director.

Saturday I had the same realization and feeling of being of the other side of the fence of once.

I remembered the days I would go to USC and watch their football teams opening spring scrimmage and there I was this Saturday playing in my first college scrimmage with young kids watching me.

Receiving insight about a film from Burgess himself was an amazing experience.

And watching One Small Hitch after receiving insight made it even better because I felt as if I had an aspect of the movie that everyone else in the theater was missing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment