Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Teacher suggested app that I actually want to use!

Teachers will require students to utilize certain resources that pertain to the courses they teach.

Usually these resources whether it be an app, a website, or some type of social media program are uninteresting.

I will only use it during the time I'm enrolled in the class because if I don't I will not receive participation points. 

For example, in the past I was forced to create a Twitter account for a class and I never used Twitter prior to the class.

I did not use my account for anything else besides posting in the class forum.

And after the class I never signed into that account ever again.

This time around I was encouraged to use the Pintrest app.

After minutes of playing around with the app and seeing what it was really about I found it extremely interesting and useful.

This is the first time that a teacher has had a positive effect on my media preferences.

The app allows you to look at certain categories that might be of interest to a user.

Within these categories are posts pertaining to the subject.

These posts consist of suggestions, tips, and purely informational content.

The posts are pictures that are linked to websites that gives you long form content about the topic.

As an athlete I have to eat constantly.

This requires me to cook for myself and a big issue is finding new and easy recipes to prepare.

With Pintrest I am able to find new meal ideas as well as the directions on how to make it.

Literally, the app does all the work for me.

I see myself using this app as much as I use Instgram, YouTube, and Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment