Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Advocacy

Last weeks lecture on advocacy related to business was interesting. It made me think of all the times that I acted as an advocate for companies and their brands. Ever since I started doing Gracie Jiu-Jitsu I realized I would preach to everyone I spoke to the benefits of the martial art. Not only did I speak about the art form itself but the lifestyle that came with it. Whether it be from the mental stand point to the dietary habits the Gracie family implemented. I would try and get my friends to go into the academy every chance I could. I would tell them how fun it was and most of all how relaxed the environment was. I would tell people that Gracie Jiu-Jitsu changed my life, which it did. I gained confidence like no other because what I learned from the Gracie family. Being apart of the Gracie Academy I would always wear their t-shirts and other paraphernalia. I did all this because I truly appreciated what they did for me. Receiving was never on my mind when I spoke about the Gracie brand. I really believe in the brand and what they stand for which is why it is easy being an advocate for brands that you appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment